George Hasey Popcorn Wagon #1

Built in 1915 by the Dunbar Company of Chicago as one of the first air popped popcorn wagons. This relic suffered an horrific freak accident killing George Hasey's daughter in 1946 and this wagon disappeared soon after.  The relic was found in Illinois in 2011 but the connection to Columbus and what it was was a mystery.  It was donated to the Historic Wagner Farm in Glenwood ILL where restoration was started. 

The Hasey name was discovered on a charged piece of wood and the connection was made.  $60,000 later the restoration was complete.

This particular wagon sold 10,000 bags of popcorn a year standing on this very corner of Columbus Wisconsin and in 2015 in a Fourth of July Celebration it returned for the first time in 70 years.  

 George Hasey sold popcorn for 58 years on this corner of Columbus.